Due to the increase in both winter storage and spring boat deliveries, Sheltered Cove Marina requires spring make-ready requests be returned as soon as possible so we can accommodate everyone's launch request.
- We will need at least 60 days notice from the time your spring service is requested to the first available launch date. In some cases, SCM will launch the boat early and we will notify each customer when that occurs.
- All boats need to be picked up within 7 days from when it is launched. Delivery is available subject to our schedule.
- For reference- If you are looking for a mid-April launch date, you would need to have a request submitted by mid-February.
- We will have staff ready to assist you in scheduling service.
- Tune-Up - Every boat that has at least one full season of use should be tuned up each spring. Part of a tune-up includes changing the engine-mounted fuel filters, spark plugs, and full test ride to ensure the boat is operating properly.
- Dewinterization of the boat's engine - This operation is only intended for new boats that have only a short period of use the previous year. No filters, spark plugs, or test ride is provided.
- Fuel Injector Cleaner - Because most boats are now fuel-injected, it is important to have these injectors professionally cleaned. This will improve fuel economy, top speed, the overall health of the engine.
- Fuel Treatment - All NJ gas contains Ethanol, and should be treated, especially after sitting for a few months, SCM can add a shock treatment of fuel conditioner at the time of make ready for you.
- Electronic Upgrades and Additions - Early spring is the best time to add new electronics- this includes such items as a new transducer, water alarms that can text you if there is an issue, entrance alarms to notify you if someone enters the boat. New GPS units that are sunlight-viewable, load faster, and have more detail are now available.
- Full Electric Steering, Autopilot, and Single Engine joystick - Yamaha has recently added a full system of upgrading your boat’s handling. Electric Steering is far faster, more responsive, and much easier than traditional hydraulic steering. Single Engine Joystick makes the close, slow maneuvering much easier. All of these upgrades are available to any Yamaha-powered boat of any horsepower.
Finally, we are looking forward to a great boating season and thank you for your business! Spring, here we come!
The crew at Sheltered Cove Marina