Well that escalated quickly: the holiday season is already here! It seems like we were just enjoying the hot summer days on the beach and the Fourth of July. But the reality is that we are now dealing with the cold temperatures, snow, and the reality that most of us are done boating for 5-6 more months. The best remedy for non-boating blues? A boat-inspired gift for the holidays!
Whether you are looking for a gift for the boating enthusiast in your life, or if you are a boater looking to give a little hint, hint, wink, wink to that special person in your life, this list is perfect for you. While the obvious gift choice of a new boat might seem to be out of your budget, we have amazing end-of-the-year specials and dealer incentives that can’t be beat, and purchasing a boat may be cheaper than you think! Even if you aren’t in the market for a new boat, there are still plenty of gift options for a boater, many of which you can purchase right here in our Ship’s Store.
5 Top Gift Ideas for the boater in your life
- Marine electronics and instruments – almost every boat lover is looking to upgrade some of their on-board electronics and instruments. These technologies evolve at lightning speed and there is always something that has the boater in your life drooling. GPS/Chartplotter, fishfinder, or a satellite messenger, are all gifts that are sure to put a huge smile on the boater in your life.
- Apparel and Accessories – there is no shortage of gifts in this department: hoodies, shirts, cutlery, portable coolers, sunglasses, waterproof note pads, the list goes on and on. The best part of this gift is that you can purchase a few small items, put them all together in a box, put a big bow on it, and call it a day. The boater in your life will open that box with all of the excitement of a little kid!
- YETI – YETI products are on a level of their own. Their coolers and tumblers are designed for maximum durability in the outdoors, and it shows. Their coolers consistently come out on top in independent studies, and some have shown that their walls help keep food and drinks cold for up to one week in the full heat of summer. These coolers are made to withstand the harsh marine environments and are easy to tie to a boat deck. They are so perfect for boating that many Sea Fox boat models come with YETI coolers pre-installed. We sell YETI right here in our Ship’s Store!
- Marina Gift Certificate – this is a no-brainer: a gift certificate so that your loved one can get exactly what they want or need. While this one isn’t as flashy as some of the other choices, we don’t always know what exactly that special person wants or needs. They may want some accessory, but they know that they have to perform some sort of service or repair first, and this can go a long way in helping them to get done what needs to be done first. You can come down to Sheltered Cove Marina in Tuckerton and get a gift certificate here for your loved one!
- Boat Show Tickets – How about this for a great stocking stuffer? Boat shows are not only a ton of fun, but you get all kinds of free swag, learn things that you didn’t know exist, and can yourself the best deal on a boat that you will find all year long. Dealers at Boat Shows bring their boats to sell them on the spot – often with incentives and addons that you will never get at any other time of the year. Boat show season is coming up quickly and we are going to be at a few in January and February, the Progressive shows in New York and Atlantic City, as well as the Boat Sale & Expo in Edison. You can purchase tickets online and print them out for your loved ones. Don’t forget to send them to our blog to give them some tips for attending a boat show.
The holiday season can be very stressful: there are a lot of commitments, parties, get-togethers, and gifts to purchase. If you have a boater in your life, we hope that this gift guide helps alleviate some of your stresses this year. If you need any other advice, ideas, or have any questions, you can call or text us anytime at (609) 296-9400!